Who We Are
Saint Mary’s Press is a nonprofit, Lasallian Catholic publisher administered by the Christian Brothers of the Midwest District. Our mission is to touch hearts and enliven minds with the Good News of Jesus Christ. We create religion curricula, Sacrament preparation programs, and Bibles, all in the spirit of our Lasallian charism—to do what is best for young people.
To enliven young peoples’ hearts and minds with the Good News of Jesus Christ!
Ten reasons you should consider Saint Mary’s Press eLearning for your religion classroom:
1. We craft courses that spark curiosity, touch hearts, tell stories, and enliven minds, inviting and inspiring youth toward lives enriched by faith.
2. We design pedagogically sound courses. The science of learning informs everything we create. Effective eLearning is never just reading a screen!
3. Our well-designed eLearning curricula affirm teen dignity and encourage belonging. Empowered teens own their Catholic faith. “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath” (Mark 2:27).
4. Each eLearning module is dynamic. Teens learn by trying, and both “right” and “wrong” attempts generate meaningful, actionable feedback. Jesus sends his disciples out to “try” and then “teaches”—this is the model of eLearning. (See Matthew 10:5–15, Mark 6:7–13, Luke 10:1–20.)
5. Teachings of the Church are made relevant by connecting with teens’ real lives and real concerns, without theoretical mumbo jumbo.
6. Our highly accessible eLearning is never “dumbed down.” Design techniques include “chunking” reading into bite-size pieces; utilizing meaningful, engaging visuals, including short videos, short guide narratives and interactive activities. Students say, “I can do this!”
7. Our courses encourage informed decision-making, opinion and value sharing, and learner involvement through observation, deliberation, and informed action.
8. Considerately designed Learning modules accommodate different learning styles and busy teen lives. Independent and cooperative, SMP eLearning allows time to reflect and process, plus a social dimension through sharing with others.
9. SMP eLearning is active, active, active! Teens think, do, respond, contemplate, share, imagine—no tuning out or shutting down allowed!
10. Our eLearning is effective because it challenges teens to make a difference! A faith that is practiced is a faith worth remembering and sharing and living out.
Meet the Instructional Designer
With over 60 years combined experience in Catholic education and ministry, our instructional designers carefully craft eLearning curricula to be meaningful, impactful, and engaging for your students. Their experience, combined with Saint Mary’s Press’s rich 75-year history of creating the very best religious curriculum for youth, adds up to an engaging, thoughtful, and engaging eLearning experience.
Online Learning & Experience
In every eLearning course, students explore case studies that weave together real situations and the beauty of the Catholic faith expressed in Scripture, Tradition, the Catechism, and Church documents. All courses are designed for maximum comprehension and engagement for learners of all levels.